Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Our Grocery Shopping Night

So, give or take a couple runs throughout the month for milk, eggs and bread, Tina and I have been doing our grocery shopping the first Tuesday of the month. Last night we went shopping and got all sorts of good healthy food for us to eat this month! We go through the store, and at the checkout line, we divide up the purchases so we can pay even amounts for the food. The last two times, I have been dividing them up, and have been right on! basically I am professional at dividing it up to even amounts!
Tina decided that she wanted to make roast in the crock pot... well, I ended up doing it last night, cooking the roast in a little bit of french onion soup mix, with potatoes and carrots. When I was cutting it up to freeze parts of it, it practically fell apart. When I say "fell apart," I mean that in a good way.... it was perfectly tender and moist. I don't know how it tastes yet, because I just had enough time this morning to put it away, and then head to work. I am excited for dinner tonight! I know it will be good! I love cooking! I wish I had all the time and money in the world so I could cook all the time! I would want someone else to do the dishes afterwards of course, but ya know, that's okay!
I feel like I am being so much more domestic lately... pretty soon I will be sewing something, and I sure don't sew! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment