Sunday, March 27, 2011

Festival of Colors

    Every year there is a festival held in Salem, UT, at the Lotus Temple. It is to celebrate the beginning of spring, within this part of the Hindu religion and customs. It is called Holi Krishna. As you know, I love to participate in cultural events that are new and different to me. Well this festival has been a huge event in the past for college students, well, young people, and families for years. I have always heard about it, but never been able to make it. This year, I wasn't going to miss it!
    They invite everyone, have live bands, food, and color... lots of it. Every two hours, there is throwing of color. everyone buys powdered chalk in bags, and when it is time, they count down, and everyone throws their chalk into the air, and at each other!

This is the Chalk, the package of three colors that I got

Tina and I still clean, before the throwing

Part of the crowd after a throwing

My multi-colored "Chucks" just walking thru people

A picture of me with just a tad of color!

Camille, Me and Andrea after a throw!

 















Andrea and I Showing off our uncolored parts, because our jackets were covering them!


All four of us after the throw, with a hippie guy in the background! We had fun! It was an awesome experience, and am excited to do it again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment