For the past little while, I have forgotten who I am. To many of you that may not make sense, that may not sound possible to others, but honestly, I have felt lost. I feel like there is so much change and difference going on in my life, that I have forgotten what I was in the past, what I have become, and who I am today.
I was able to have an awesome conversation with a good friend of mine when he was here to visit for a night. As we were talking, I realized that I was beginning to realize who I am again. I used to feel optimistic about the future, felt like I could do anything with the help of the Lord, I understood what really made me happy, and really had the atonement as an active part of my life. I lost that for a while!
While driving in the car today, the song 18 'till I Die by Bryan Adams came on. This was a song that I was able to learn in my first ASL class that I took in high school. The song played, and I found myself signing the lyrics with one hand, and driving with the other. It was a subconscious experience, that made me realize a lot about who I am! Signing has helped me understand who I am.
I am important, confident, optimistic and faithful. I find true joy in serving others, and lightening their burdens. I know I can change the world! I have beautiful blond hair and blue eyes. I am bold and honest. I believe in being genuine. I fight for what is right. I love to sign, it is liberating. I work for a cause, and don't stop till I have accomplished what I have set out to do. I am not torn down by other criticism. I am a Child of God! I Dream Big. I love Africa. I love people and places and things that are different. I am intrigued by politics. I vote. I write to tell the world who and what I am. I write to express myself. I am grateful. I am forgiving. I am a peacemaker. I work hard, I am loyal and a friend to the friendless. My heart is strong. I am compassionate and sincere. I yearn for deep relationships full of purpose and understanding. I work to be like the Savior. I look to children as examples. I love adventure and fun.
Although I do make mistakes and have the negative in my life at times, it is these things, the deeper understanding, that matter, it is these things that give me control over my life, and help me succeed!
I am a sister, daughter, granddaughter, niece, cousin and friend. I have a purpose to fulfil. I have a work to do. I had forgotten, but now I know, I remembered who I was, who I am, I remembered Me!
You are awesome! I love you!
ReplyDeleteThis is Kery, by the way, not Bob...Whoa!!! You just totally made me cry because you ARE all that and so much more. I think if you had any idea what the Lord has in store for you, you would have a hard time believing it, but I wouldn't! I have always believed in you and feel so blessed to have you as a part of my journey on this earth. I love you and never forget who you are! You are a daughter of God who loves you (and you love him)! Muuuaa XOXO!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome! And a great cousin! Love you!
ReplyDelete