Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Lent Experience so far

It has been a week since Lent started, and just wanted to update on how my good 'ol lent calendar is going. Like I mentioned in my Ash Wednesday post, I kind of "mormonized" the Lent calendar that I got from work.
March 9th- Ash Wednesday I left my ashes on my forehead all day long. A lot of people asked me what the mark on my forehead was, and I got to tell them about Ash Wednesday Mass. It was a great Gospel sharing opportunity. It reminded me of having my missionary tag, getting funny looks, and some people asking about who we were and what we were doing!
March 10th- I made a "lent box" where I can record the experiences that I have had throughout the lent season, write them down, and then read the notes from the box on Easter!
March 11th- I mailed a letter to my Grandma in Hawaii to tell her about the latest in my life.
March 12th- I did some volunteer work.
March 13th- I wrote a letter to my best friend Shannon, who is on her mission
March 14th- I went to Family Home Evening and socialized! Points for me!
March 15th- I made a new dream list
March 16th- Today was a day to recommit myself to my goals. I ran a mile this morning, which is good, because I hate running, read my scriptures, and didn't drink any soda! Good day! I am struggling with the lack of caffeine in my system, and have a killer headache, but life goes on! Lent has been good so far, and I know that it will be an awesome growing opportunity. I will keep updating on my experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment