Well, as the title of my blog says, "It's My life!" Yet, lately I have been feeling kind of like I have no control over my life, that I am starting to get comfortable, and that I don't know what to do next, or where to go next. I heard a saying on my mission "There is no comfort in the growth zone and no growth in the comfort zone." When I heard it, it was my trainer telling me about it, so I took it, and just kind of put it away with ALL the information I was getting, and saved it for a time when I would need it in the future. I did use that quote on my mission, and found strength in knowing that I was growing and progressing. Well, right now in my life, I am trying to decide where my life should go. I have been wanting to move out of Utah for quite a while now, I am just tired of it. I have been searching and applying for jobs on the East coast, and would love to be out there living, experiencing new things, being near my brother and sister-in-law, working at a school for children with Autism, and just being out of Utah!
That was the plan... stay the summer, then come September, move the heck out of this place! Well... now I have other options. I was offered a full-time position that would keep me here for another school year, that would give me an opportunity to try for another position that I have been thinking about applying for to NEXT summer... the problem is, it is a position in UTAH!
This job here is a great one, one that I know I would like, and that would put me in more of a comfortable position, as far as, I wouldn't have too much uncertainty. where as if I were to move, I would be completely out of my comfort zone.... I just don't know what to do. Is there growth here to be had that I am just not aware of right now, or will moving to the East Coast me the best thing for me? I just don't know what to do! I don't want to work at the catholic school for the rest of my life, I want to work with people with disabilities. If I pass up this opportunity to move right now, will that keep me here for longer than a year? should I just say forget Utah, and go? Really?! I wish there were not so many options, and I wish the decision as far as what the Lord wants for me were more clear!
That is me trying to figure out my life!
Good luck deciding Tierney! I am sure that whichever decision you make you will wonder about what the other option would have been like, so just try to pick one and go for it with no regrets. I think you might have two possibilities for growth in front of you!!!
ReplyDeleteUm... I think you need to add a cute little niece to the east coast pros list... Just saying... we want you here!
ReplyDeleteGO to the East Coast! Thats what you really want so go ahead and do it!!
ReplyDelete