Alright, so I wrote a caption on one of my Facebook photos that I would post the Coffin Story on here, and why I was so excited to take a picture of it, and get inside of it this trip to GA.
There was a guy that I taught on the mission, who was a little troubled throughout his life, but had strong desires to be better. Well, one time he had some extra wood, so he had a coffin made for himself. Then, since he didn't need it right away, he put shelves in it, and used it as a closet.
We had jokes with the team-ups and all the other people that came over and saw the coffin... it was just something to illustrate how insane this man's life was. Well, for the past year he has been in jail. I have wondered every once in a while where his coffin was. When I went to Georgia this time, and went to visit a family, we were talking about people in jail, and how we all knew one that was getting out in July. Then they proceeded to tell me that they had a coffin in their basement that they were excited to get rid of. At first it didn't register, then I got really stoked! "YOU HAVE THE COFFIN?!" I said! Then they let me go down to the basement to see it, and take pictures with it! one of them is kind of morbid, but it just illustrated the craziness of this guy, his life, and the experiences we had teaching him. So random and unpredictable!
That is the story.... you can see where we took the shelves out so I could get in. Only he would use his coffin as a closet!
This is so Tierney........lol
ReplyDelete