We woke up early, got the boys ready to go to the Briscos, so that we could go to the temple dedication. Walter (Valencia's 9 year old), Valencia and I all went. Then, We met up with Natalie and Ben when we got there. Natalie is one of my old mission companions, we served in Jasper together, but also served in Lilburn, just at different times. Natalie was the one who was there when Valencia was baptized. Anyway, Natalie and her little Hubby, Ben came and we all sat together, which was fun. After the dedication, all of us went over to the Briscos to visit and to pick up the boys. I headed out early so I could go and see some families.
Dacula is where I saw most the people. I ended up grabbing a snack before I left, then driving the 20 miles, or whatever it is to their areas. I saw the Manuel Family. Brother Manuel was the ward mission leader when I was serving there, and Sister Manuel was super involved in missionary work. I love that family. They have 5 kids, Kristil, Kassidy, Kandin, Jackson, and Kali. It was so fun to catch up on their lives and to see them! Then the next stop was to the Wisers. The Wisers are kind of a great story. I had been serving in their ward for a little over a month, when I finally put two and two together and figured out who they were. Jason Wiser used to work with my Dad at Delta in Salt Lake, then another job brought them to GA. The only reason I figured it out, was because his mom (who happened to be my elementary school secretary) came to visit, and I recognized her! Anyway, so it was fun to see the Wisers. They were so amazing, and invited me to have dinner with them. Such a great meal, as usual! I had a few at that house on the mission, and loved spending time in their home. They have 5 kids as well Alyssa, Ryan, Nico, Luke, and Jake. Super fun family! After the Wisers, I went to see Chris Frank! She was the first person that was baptized while I was on my mission. She is now endowed, and super active in the church. She is incredible! Such a strong woman! I love her SO much! It was so great to visit with her and her mother! They are the best!
After Dacula, I headed over to the Cumming/Alpharetta area, where I saw the Newman Family. The Newman's were another family that I got close to, because Kimball was the ward mission leader. They have 4 great kids! Jordyn, Kaitlyn, Ryan and Emma. Melissa was an awesome addition to our lives and helped us so much, and took care of us as missionaries, like our mom's would! We had Saturday meetings and breakfast there each week, and spent many a time with their great family! They are wonderful! After having dinner with the Newman's, I headed back to Valencia's and went to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment