This day kind of started with Friday night, rather than just Saturday, but other than the plane ride out Friday night, it was pretty much Saturday. I got on the first flight that I tried, the Red-Eye to Atlanta from Salt Lake! So happy! I was seated in the middle seat, in coach, next to a man that totally should have bought 2 seats. He was literally taking up half of my seat. It was one of the most uncomfortable flights I have ever had in my life, and a red-eye at that! Normally I can sleep pretty well on Airplanes, but this one I got maybe 45 minutes of airplane sleep! it was horrible. I got into ATL exhausted. I went to get the rental car, which surprisingly was super quick, then I headed to Lilburn where I met up with Valencia and the boys!
After changing my clothes, and feeling a little bit less gross from the flight all night, I went and met up with a few young women from the Dacula ward. That was my first area, and I was able to work a lot with the Young Women there, which was a blast, and it was fun to develop lasting relationships with them. After meeting up with them for a bit, one of the girls and I went over to the Kroger parking lot to meet up with the people going to the cultural event for the temple dedication. It was fun to see people from the ward.
Then Sister King called me and told me to head over to the mission home so I could get a recommend for the temple dedication. It was fun to visit with the kings for a little while, and get my recommend for this awesome event!
After the King's, I went and met up with Valencia to do some grocery shopping, and prepare food to feed the missionaries that night. It is always eventful to be at the grocery store with 5 kids under the age of 9. We got the food, headed home, prepared some of it, I took a nap, then We finished preparing it, then the sisters came over. When they walked in the door, they were so cheesy... it was so funny! I asked Valencia if I was like that the first time I came over, or if I was more chill than that... she said that I was pretty much like that. UGH! That hurt! :) No, I just never imagined myself being quite that cheesy sounding.
It was a good evening with the sisters, then I went to bed. Tyler (4 years old) insisted on sleeping in the bed where I was sleeping. He is used to sleeping with Valencia, I tried to get out of it cause I was so tired, but sure enough, he won. He ended up sleeping in the bed, turning circles, kicking me, hitting me... it was quite the experience, and I know when I have children they will not be sleeping in my bed! I am glad he was happy though!

No comments:
Post a Comment