Monday, November 15, 2010

The "Real" World

This weekend was great! I was able to spend tons of time in the temple! Friday night was ward temple night! I didn't think that I was going to be able to make it, but good ol Cody decided he was going to be a saint and switch me shifts, so I could make it! I left work and took the bus and trax downtown to the temple! We had a good dinner together as a ward! Then some of the peeps went and did baptisms, a few of us made it to the 7pm session, then others went to the 8pm one. The session was good. I am not really friends with a whole lot of people in the ward, so at times it was a little uncomfortable, but oh well! On Saturday Brooke and I planned on going to the temple, so we went together! Brooke had never been to the salt lake temple, and a live session, so that was fun to experience it with her! Then Sunday I had a super incredible opportunity thanks to my neat friend Shannon! We went to the salt lake temple devotional in the 5th floor solemn assembly room! It was incredible and beautiful! The temple president spoke along with his wife, and then bishop McMullin who is in the acting bishopric. Them the main speaker was Richard G. Scott! He has an incredible love foe temples and the work done in them. As well as an incredible testimony of the savior! One quote that stuck out the most to me was that when we leave the peacefullnesa of the temple, we don't go back to the real world, bit leave the real world and go back to the temporary world. We have that peaceful, at home feeling to look forward to always if we obey the commandments and honor the covenants made! It was an awesome weekend, and I was glad I got to spend so much time in the temple!

1 comment:

  1. I can't stop thinking about what Bishop McMullin said! I keept telling EVERYONE!!! LOL I love being your neat friend! hahahaha Love you Fiki!

    ReplyDelete