Friday, November 19, 2010

"The constructive date"

The other night I went on a date with an awesome kid! I had a great time and feel super glad that I am friends with such a cool guy. Toward the end of the night, we had a conversation about where we were in our lives and the things that would determine the future! As we talked, a few concerns came up and things were super straight forward! I absolutely loved it! I love when I go out with guys that I may not end up dating, but they teach me some awesome lessons! Most the time they don't know they are teaching me, but they do! This night I wad able to sit for a minute and reflect on my testimony and personal convictions! I may not be moving any mountains, but I feel super grateful for the experiences, including mistakes, that have solidified my faith! I know that I couldn't be in a relationship with anyone that isn't living the gospel principles, and have a testimony of them! I have been through too much in my life to help me build the testimony that I have, and I don't want to falter in that! Strength, hope, love, and diligence is what I need! Super constructive night that helped me reflect on these things! I will look forward to an awesome friendship with this kid, and am ready to learn more lessons that help me better understand what I want and how I can be better!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome! It is so important to be with a person that has the same beliefs as you. It effects (or is it affects... I never know which one) both you and your futre children. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete