Saturday, August 21, 2010

Living in West Valley

I figured that I would update ya'll on my life, and what it is like living in West Valley. As I was driving home from Holladay this evening, and thinking, I thought of the reasons why I love living out here. The song by B.O.B. "Airplanes" pretty much illustrates my love for living out here. Each day that I drive to or from the house, I see the airplanes.
While on the mission, I felt so far away from the world. I had withdrawls from being able to get on an airplane and just go anywhere. I missed flying, I missed the views from the sky. As I concentrated on the work and the people that I was assigned to work with, Heavenly Father blessed me with the ability to take in the little moments that brought great joy to my life on those harder days. Depending on the area, and so forth, as I looked up in the sky and saw the many, many tree tops, blue skies with scattered white clouds, then the jet streams that graced the sky with artist brush strokes. Also the Jets and planes flying overhead while walking hours and knocking doors. It was those tender mercies that made the hard days easier!
Living so close to the airport now, I get to see planes all the time! I don't know what it is that makes me feel so at home seeing the planes, but it is a serious highlight to my life and makes me feel like life full of opportunities is just waiting for me to grasp onto it all.
"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now, a wish right now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment