Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reflection....

I know that getting a good education is important, and that knowledge is the one thing that we can take with us when we die, but right now, school is not my thing! I feel like I am wasting my money! I am not motivated, to learn by paying money to get a grade and a piece of paper... I wish school was about just gaining knowledge, not papers, tests, text books. All those things just make me dislike being in school. I want to go to learn, not to get a grade, or be rushed to learn material, because there is a deadline! It is super frustrating! I am so done with school right now! The only reason I am doing it, is because that is what everyone expects of me! I hate it! I love learning, but right now, I am just wasting my time and money at school, because I am not motivated at all! 
Someone asked me the other day, "If you could wake up tomorrow morning, and do anything in the world, what would it be?" I thought about it, and I sure has heck would not be sitting in class, or on the computer doing and online class. I would be out seeing the world, working, working with people with disabilities, doing things that make a difference to others, and helping others. I am tired of sitting in a classroom feeling tortured. The same person that asked me that question said also, "Is going to school right now really going to get you to where you want to be tomorrow?" No one has ever asked me that? noone has ever said anything other than lecturing me on how important an education is!
For the first time in my life, I am thinking about what I really want to be doing with my life! I am thinking about how I can make my dreams come true, and how I can make a difference in the world, but right now that doesn't include school.
I know that most of you that have gotten a college degree won't understand where I am coming from, but, that is just where I am at right now. There are a bunch of arguements on both sides of my reflection, but I don't plan on being a drop out of college, but I do feel like I need to get myself to point where I am motivated to do those things in school, other than learning, that get you the degree.
hopefully there will be some good changes in my life that will help me get to the point where I want to be. I understand the importance of knowledge, the importance of hard work, but I also understand the importance and value of doing what you love, and making a difference in other people's lives and in the world!
"Is what you are doing today really what you want to be doing?" -C.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment