Thursday December 15, 2011
Today's gift was to pay for the order behind you in the drive thru. This was a cool one for me.
I was getting ready take a lunch break and go thru a drive thru. Then my boss told me that there was lunch in the faculty room at the school. So, free lunch for me! I needed some caffeine though, so I went thru the drive thru for that. I ordered my drink, then pulled up to the window. I handed them my card, paid for my order, then told the kid to charge the next order to my card as well. He was so confused, he poked his head out the window to say something to the car behind me, and I abruptly asked him not to tell them. Then another cashier came over to him and was like, "What's going on?" He told her that I wanted to pay for the order behind me. She looked at me with surprise, and then asked if I knew them. I said no, I did not, and she said, "wow! That's really cool!" I asked them to give the person behind me a "Pay It Forward" bracelet. They said that they would, and then started asking about the bracelet, about the pay it forward movement, and what I was doing. I am sure the people behind me weren't happy about waiting for so long while the cashiers asked me questions, but oh well. I told them a little bit about PIF experience, and then told them to check out the website. It is just amazing how fast these little things spread. It went from me, to the three people behind me, then everyone they will tell, and the cashiers who were blown away and will no doubt tell a bunch of other people about it! I hope that they put it into action too, and pay it forward sometime in their lives! I really like to be an anonymous giver, but at times, the experience that you have when you see people's faces, and how they react to what you have done, that is INCREDIBLE!
Loved today's gift! It was wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment