Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mini-Mission Reunion!

My mission president came home last week, so a lot of us missionaries were able to get together and catch up with each other!
On Friday a bunch of people got together, I didn't go to any of the get togethers, but I heard they were great!
Saturday night we had a BBQ at my place! We had quite a few people show up, and it was fun to see everyone and hear about what was going on in their lives!

This is a picture of a few of us at the BBQ! It was so much fun to see everyone and hear about what was going on in their lives!
And had to take a funny picture!

We talked about life, relaxed and just had fun! I loved hanging out with everyone!
One of the best moments of the night was when Fieeke wanted to play charades. He started bouncing like a Kangaroo, while all of us guessed that he was a kangaroo. Then Laura shouts out... "PONY!" she was completely oblivious to the fact that we already guessed it, and that it totally wasn't a pony! It was hilarious! This is a picture of the moment caught on camera when we were laughing hysterically about it all!

Sunday Morning, we all woke up, got ready and drove to bountiful for the Kings' Homecoming! It was so wonderful!
The musical numbers, and songs were awesome! Normally when we are at church, the songs aren't very great! Then you get a bunch of missionaries, or returned missionaries together and the spirit is incredible! We were all singing with enthusiasm, and the spirit was very strong! It was a good moment to be a part of for sure. Lots of tears were shed when the spirit hit, and we all remembered how much we love and mission Georgia and the mission! I was grateful for the Kings' experiences that they shared that helped us remember the work more fully!
After Sacrament meeting, we all met in the cultural hall and visited with each other! My favorite part was being able to see the Kings, and to give President a hug! He helped me through so much on and off the mission, and there were so many times that I wished that I could give him a hug and tell him thank you for everything! This was time when I finally could, because we were both released!
Oh! President and I! YAY!



Love these guys! I feel super short around them, but ya know! That is just how my life goes! :)



It was so fun to see everyone! Thanks for the awesome weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment