Monday, December 6, 2010
The bus... No headphones needed!
The normal routine is to pop my iPod in during the whole bus experience, it helps me avoid conversations with some pretty sketchy people! Well today was different, I didn't want to put my headphones in and listen to my iPod. I walked to the bus stop where I met a guy named Brigham... I think he is the biggest BYU fan ever! He was all decked out in his Y gear and talking with everyone about the team, and how excited he is for a season pass as his Christmas gift! Now Brigham here has downs syndrome, and is currently serving a mission for the church... It isn't the same as a full-time mission, but he is loving it. I didn't get to talk to him for that long, but hearing him Interact with others and hearing his stories, makes me happy! He stopped talking for a minute because he saw that his dad called... The message that he left for his dad was so sincere expressing his love for him! So great! It was just a breath of fresh air to be around Brigham for a little bit! I seriously love people with disablilities! They are incredible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome Story Fiki! Love you lots!
ReplyDeleteHEY! How are you doing? I'm sorry things have been tough for you guys lately! I love you! Let me know if I can do anything for you!
ReplyDelete