Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oldies in the Future

This blog is brought to you by a night hanging out with Jared....
We decided to go and see a movie and on the way to the theater, he introduced me to a new hip hop/ rap artist that I have to say, I really like! They have to be good for me to like the rap... I am picky when it comes to that! Anyway, as I was listening to him rap, and thinking about the things that he was saying, I loved how real life issues were addressed, and it wasn't like the hoe and n-gg-- talk. That stuff that is in the rap and other genres of music and movies these days is so cheap and useless!
I personally like all types of music from hard rock and rap to classical, but it all has to be something that I can connect with and that uplifts me. It just depends on the day.
What is life going to be like when us in our early twenties are in our 80's? Are we going to be driving around listening to the old Jay-Z or Kenny Chesney songs we listened to back in the day? If that is the case, I don't want to know what the music and media then will be like. Talk about evil influences now.... wait till we are 80! Who knows, maybe the second coming will happen before then, and we can avoid the imaginations of what the future media can hold!
The 50's and 60's aren't going to be referencing to the 1950's or 60's..... we are in the 21st century now.... times are changing!
Basically I feel like this is dragging on, so, not the best blog, and I am sorry for that, but I was just contemplating on what the future holds and how different it is going to be when we are in the place of our parents and grandparents! We shall see!
Until then, I will stick with the goodness, like Pete!

1 comment:

  1. I think about this all time!! So I disagree with your thought of this being a boring post. Cus I think about it often of how it will be in 50 years ALL THE TIME!! Love you! P.S. Who is the new rapper?

    ReplyDelete