Saturday, May 1, 2010

BAKING

Well you see, my adopted little bro., Kevin Durr is leaving on his mission, and so will be having a celebration to bid the kid farewell! Sweets were needed, and I felt like baking, so this is the story.

I got on the Internet to figure out what to make, and I came across this Amazing spring cake recipe! With Mandarin Oranges in it, and pure goodness, I knew I had to make this... The cake itself wasn't the only master piece, but so was the pineapple whipped cream frosting I made! I haven't tasted the combination together, because the party is tonight, but I can almost guarantee it will be amazing!

The finished product turned out beautiful, and then there was the Black Frosting.....My next masterpiece!

*Shannon with the black frosting, and I with the Spring Cake!

The next endeavour was a creation that I like to call the NAME TAG!
I love making creative cakes, and my disclaimer is that I am not a professional at all, but I do love to bake and create for fun! So, that is what I decided to do for Kevin. I took a regular size rectangle cake pan and made a chocolate cake, then I took chocolate frosting, with chocolate food coloring and mixed it all together! I frosted the cake, then whipped out the vanilla frosting for the words. Now, since Kevin was going Spanish speaking to the NY, NY South Mission, I needed to make it Spanish! I called my good friend Jason Smith up, who was the hero for the night! He told me what his Spanish name tag had said, and I proceeded to make it come alive for Kevin! With a lot of concentration and determination to make it good, that is what happened! It turned out amazing!
Kevin, enjoy your mission, and find joy in sharing your name with the Savior as you represent him each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment