Monday, May 10, 2010

Babysitting The Twins



Luke and Olivia came to visit!

My cousin Jule lives in California, with these two adorable people, and their dad lives in Utah. in order for them to come and visit their dad, Jule asked me to watch the kiddos!
It started right outside security... because of technicalities, I couldn't get through security to meet them at the gate, so Jule coached them to take the stroller and go through security. She stood and watched for a moment while the kids and I met up without her having to leave the security checkpoint. The Twins did awesome! Then we went and got their bags, and headed to the car. I forgot how crazy life is with two 4 year olds running around!

It all started Thursday night. We headed home from the airport, and had dinner. Then we played a little bit. The came just in time for us and our friends to have waffle...Ice cream... and Movie night! of course they didn't stay up and enjoy all of it, because they needed to go to bed, but they did have some fun with us. Then I got them ready for bed, and to sleep they went.
I woke up to giggles across the hall... that brought back memories. Ya see, when Tina and I were little, and used to share a room, we were always full of giggles night and day. Luke and Livi are a lot like Tina and I, and are definitely best friends! I think it is a twin thing! I got up and walked into the room they were staying in, and jumped on the bed to more giggles and tickling! It is always fun to have those little moments with children, when they can laugh and giggle, and really feel like there isn't anything wrong in the world! I love it!
After Breakfast, we colored pictures and made super hero costumes!

I had to be super creative to make the costumes out of paper, but Oakcrest trained me well! Thank Goodness for Tuesday night Theme parties! The drew beautiful pictures, and had fun flying around the house with their super hero goodness on! Tina needed to be at work, so we took her to work, and headed to the park! I love playing at the park, and so did they!  After getting out of the car, they headed straight for the swings, running together.... it was super cute!
The park was fun, and wore me out a little bit. When we were finished at the park, we headed to get lunch. Luke had to go to the bathroom, and the park bathrooms were locked, so we stopped at KFC/A&W.... used their bathroom, and got lunch! It was a delicious lunch with lots of giggles again! They are always making you laugh because of their cute little personalities showing through! We were getting into the car, and Luke stepped onto the grass and picked a died dandelion. he hoped in the car, and this is the dialogue that took place... "Livia, I got you a Dand-EE-Lion!" taking a thrilled gasp of breath in, she replied.... "Oh! Thank you Lukey! I love it!"  Then she talked about how Luke always takes care of her and makes her feel special! I love that at this age, they are learning that valuable lesson to treat their siblings like the royalty that they are! I know that Luke is going to grow up into a nice young man full of love and respect for women because of the way he treats his twin sister! 
After the park, we headed hme and took a short nap, picked Tina up at the Airport, and then we colored pictures for Sister Topui in the mission! She should be getting them today or tomorrow! She is going to love them! Their dad came and got them, and with pure unleashed excitement, they hoped into his truck, ready to spend time with their daddy!  I am glad that I was able to spend time with the Twiners, and live the little moments in their world for a day! Thanks for the fun time Kiddos! Now.... I am exhausted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment