Monday, January 24, 2011

Mini Road Trip to Manti!


The Things Needed For Success...

Shannon
Me
My car... A.k.a. Jamal
Snacks
Ipod on Shuffle

Here We Go!
Shannon had the day off, and I took the day off, and we went on our adventure! I got the fluids checked in my car, and my windsheild wipers changed, filled up with gas, and we were off! We wore our casual clothes on the way down to be warm and comfortable!



We Took I-15 Southbound, Exit #225 to Hwy 132, Through Moroni, then hit Hwy 89 to Manti!
Put the Ipod on shuffle, and it was awesome! Nothing like letting fate determine your soundtrack to life! We listened to great, fun music, then once we got closer, we chose more spiritually uplifting goodness to prepare us for the temple!
We got there, Changed our clothes in the car in the Temple Parking lot, and kept it as modest as possible! :) We were good! Then we headed inside!
We got there about an hour early, right after the 2:30pm session had started, so we had a little sightseeing time. We saw the historic Spiral staircase which is beautiful and breathtaking, and also was able to see the rest of the historic goodness as we went through the session and corridors! It was a beautiful and awesome experience!
We heard the testimony of the workers who told us of Moroni dedicating the land for the temple before he left the earth, and also of President Hinckley acting as a second witness of that! It was wonderful!


Funny Story... We were outside of the temple after the session trying to take some pictures of the two of us infront. We asked some guy that was going in to take a picture of us, and he "took" one, then said, "should I take another for good measure?" We said yes, so he "took" another one! The reason why I put "took" in quotes, is because we got the camera back from the guy and he sure didn't even take one! Oh old people and digital photography... they just don't get it, and how to do it!
After the Session, we stopped for pizza then headed back to Salt Lake! It was a great trip, and I couldn't have asked for a better buddy to have the experience with!
Thanks Shan! Loved It! So glad we could experience Manti for the first time together!


1 comment:

  1. AH, Such a great post! Love the pictures too! I still think about the experience like it was yesterday! Loved every minute! Thanks for the awesome trip! Love you

    ReplyDelete