I just felt like posting something that I had written in the past. I wrote this particular poem or whatever you want to call it, about a family that I met and taught on my mission, a family that had nothing, but that I grew to love more than anything!
If they knew how our hearts ached for them, lonely, poor, a life I have seen, but can't imagine living. Thomas said that what they need is rich hearts. Those words I will never forget, whether at Bishop Hannington's, or in Georgia. Silent, Timid, skinny from physical and spiritual starvation. Their stomachs growl, Jesus lived in Heaven. Questions, child hungry for more. Growing up too fast. Spirits yearning for the end of the spiritual fast , started, not knowing how long it would last. Miracles happen for the lost to be found. They sit huddled together, looking for the forgotten truths that lie in the deep essence of their souls. The homeless, filthy, unkept appearance begs for the whole world to hate them. The Lord though sees the light deep inside. No matter the sorrow that wracks the soul, nothing is forever deadening. The fights, misfortune, not knowing who's right. Wanting to run away from the hurt that we feel. The music, the run, no one else understands the burdens within. Attention. Love. Care. Empty cupboards, dirty dishes, illness graces the home. They ask themselves, "Who am I?" "Do I really matter to someone else?" You're not alone. It will get better, maybe tomorrow, but hold onto that gleam of hope that you have! Please don't let it go. You are part of the miracle we are about to know. A family, lost but now found. This family can be together forever, first on the earth, then eternally bound.
No comments:
Post a Comment