Thursday, April 29, 2010

Can't Sleep

It's 2:42am, what am I doing up? The thoughts going through my mind like a whirlwind, some good memories and thoughts of the future, and other worries and concerns. Opposition in all things, right? What do I want?
I want to finish school, to accomplish that goal. I want to find success in helping others. I want to start a Non-profit organization to change lives of those near and far. I want to help people help themselves, and see the possibilities in the world! I want to get a job right now working with a Non-profit organization that can help feed that hunger in my soul to change the world. I want to fall in love with a wonderful man, be sealed for time and all eternity to him, and start our family. I want to lose weight from all that southern eating. I want to make my dreams come true. What are my dreams?
My dreams are to, See every ocean in person, Be an EFY counselor, Go scuba diving, Save a life, Go to every state in the US, Go kite surfing, Go back to Kenya, Go to India, Fly in an F-16, Get a degree, Marry in the temple, Start a Non-profit organization, Adopt kids from Africa, Live in a big City, Take ballroom dance, Conquer major fears, Go mud sliding, Own horses, Invent something, Ride a bull, Drive a NASCAR, Watch a Red Sox game at Fenway, Catch a HUGE fish, Learn how to solve a Rubix cube, See "Wicked" on Broadway, Learn how to fix cars, Go to every continent, Fight a fire..... The List will go on forever.
When I think of my dreams, desires and goals for the future, I think of the movie "A Walk to Remember" where the girl has a list of things that she wants to do before she dies. Then she meets Landon, who helps make all her dreams come true in fun creative ways. Now, I don't have a terminal illness, but I don't want to waste even a moment of my life...What I am I looking for in a "Landon" that will help me make my dreams come true?
Testimony of the Savior and his Atonement, An old fashion gentleman (doors opened, pays, asks me to dance), Someone spontaneous and adventurous, Honest, Hard working, Someone with big dreams like mine, Active in the church, Temple worthy, Charity for others, Loves children, Confident, Can make me laugh, and Helps me be a better me!
Another thing that I want to do is help others' dreams come true... What can I do to help your dreams come true?
If there is one certainty in my life, it is that the world is full of possibility, dreams really do come true, and that no matter the struggles in our lives, if we replace our fears with faith, we will be able to experience the joy that comes from allowing the Savior to lift our lives to a higher, more beautiful place. I'm ready to soar, what about you?
Well, it is 3:15 now.... it felt good to get some thoughts out, to let the world know my intentions, and let me heart out again. Thanks for letting me vent a little bit!
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment