Lately I have had some experiences where I have felt like I need to start writing again. As I read through some of my old blig posts, I remembered how much I love it! Ii may just be a play by lpay on my day or experiences at times, but for the most part, it is me laying it all out there, and it feels amazing!
I have a perspective on life where the little things don't really bother me that much anymore, and when they start to bother me, I can usually take a step back and focus on the things that really matter! I love having the skills to be more aware of my thoughts and feelings so that I can keep that perspective. With that broad perspective, I have also been able to see people more personally, because my perspective is broad, I have the time and energy to focus on specific individuals and develop those meaningful relaitonships with them!
One thing that has helped me a lot to keep that focus is to really look for the good in everything and everyone. That sounds cheesy and cliche, but it works. As I think of the good things that happen every day, the things I am grateful for, and how I have helped others, I am able to see just how incredible life is!
Recently I had an experience where I felt like I needed to help a certain friend understand some important truths that have brought so much happiness to my life. As I prepared and thought about the different ways that I could help my friend understand these things, I was motivated more to try and help everyone I come in contact with to leave feeling better about themselves and about life in general. I wanted to give hope back to those that have lost it. I wanted to show my friends and all those people in the world who are struggling that it is okay to struggle, but we can find joy in life as well! Long story short, there were other people involved in this preparation that didn't act the way they should of and I came out of it all feeling discouraged, disappointed and like I had let my friend, myself, and God down. Such a horrible feeling! At this point there is nothing else I can do to make it better. I just hope that those involved will be able to see the effects that they had on many and learn their lesson. At first I was focused on the specific event and what happened, but then I thought of the broader perspective... What happened most definitely affected that as well, which is sad, but I know that things will work out eventually, so I just have to keep doing what I can! I have hope!
The thoughts of the last few weeks... I feel so different than I did a year ago... it is refreshing! I feel like each day is a growing experience! I am 25 years old, single, and not dating anyone exclusively. Being in a singles ward is great! It is fun, and a great place to grow spiritually, but haven't dated much. I have heard countless lessons on while you are single, better yourself to become the kind of person you want to marry. I love that. I know that as we focus on personal growth, we will attract those that we deserve in our lives. For the last couple weeks, there have been lessons, FHE, and firesides about dating, and it has been brought up again and again. As that has happened, I have thought about the experiences that I have had in dating. I love dating because of the fun, social aspects of it. Also I know that although I go on a date with someone, that doesn't mean that they are my type, what I want in a future companion, or that I want to marry them. I just like gettng to know different people. I have seriously learned so much from every single date and relationship I have had. I have grown a lot to become more of the person that I want to be, and will keep working. I hope that I am able to continue to meet and get to know people that have similar desires to serve otheres, Testimony of the Gospel, and a love for those around them!
Life is good, especially for those of us that get to live every day in this amazing country of ours! We are so blessed!
The life lessons that matter the most to me right now....
-Tell people how you feel
-Tell people how they affect your life
-Express love and gratitude to everyone around you that uplifts or serves you.
-Keep an broad perspective.
-Have hope
-Always stay positive
-Set a good example, you never know who will be watching!
-Be grateful for everything that you have
No comments:
Post a Comment