Susie who is one of my supervisors at the Recreation Center, and one of my friends is heading up a wheelchair sports camp. We only have 7 kids in the camp, but we are having a blast in our little group! We have played so many great sports, like wheelchair basketball, wheelchair tennis, sledge hockey, field games, swimming, and will do other great things as the week goes on, like wheelchair baseball, and rock climbing!
Since the reminder of why I love my job, I have started to think of all the awesome opportunities I have had working for the Salt Lake County Adaptive Program!
- The Programs: Adaptive Summer Camp, Miracle League, Adaptive Dances, Quad Rugby, Wheelchair Basketball and others!
- The People: All the wonderful kids that come to summer camp and all their parents, the amazing little sluggers at miracle league, the adults that come to socialize at the dances, the awesome Utah Scorpions, and Wheelin' Jazz!
- The Staff: All the heads and coordinators of the Adaptive program are incredibly supportive, and amazing leaders!
While working with the Adaptive program, I have met so many new people and experienced so many new things! The people that I have met are some of the most important people in my life right now! They are the most incredible friends, and are a huge support system to me. I feel so lucky to work with such amazing people and to be a part of such a worthwhile cause! I know it is cliche to say that in this line of work, I learn a lot more from the participants than they learn from me, but it is true. Every day where I see a child progress in a program, or have a good conversation with a co-worker and friend, my life is changed! I love my job! I love the people! I love the programs! I am so lucky to be a part of it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment