Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happiness to me doesn't equal money

Over the past couple months I have reflected on my life, what I really want, how I am going to get what I want, and the things that truly make me happy.
Since I have been involved with Pay it Forward, and been doing random acts of kindness, it has truly changed my mindset. I have been able to recognize a lot more opportunities to serve and help others than I ever have before! When I am around people, I have a hightened sense of consideration for others. It's crazy how much my life has changed, and how different I think.
I still have bad days every once in awhile, and get dsicouraged, but most days are incredible because I feel like I am making a difference in people's lives and in the world.
My friend just got involved with a company that takes advantage of a great business opportunity and offers people the chance to save and make money in a short amount of time. When she first told me about it I was interested and tempted to get involved as well, but then I went a meeting last night that made me really think about what I want to be involved with.
As I was listening to people talk in the meeting about money and about everything in the company, I was impressed with the business opportunity and the ability for people to be involved and be succesful, but at the same time thinking about me getting involved made me a little sick! I realized then that I don't want money! I don't want the success that the world defines as success. Money doesn't make me happy! When I have money, it makes me comfortable, it causes me to feel complacent about life! I don't want to be like that...I want to always be finding new ways to improve the lives of other, and not looking for ways to make more money.... I don't know if I am mking any sense, because I am just trying to reflect on how I am feeling, and how I am happy with the fact that I don't have a lot of money. I am happy with the fact that I am able to do more for others than worry about myself.
I want to be a positive, motivating force in the world, and make a difference in the lives of those that I am around. I know that we need money to buy things to help us live in the society that we do, but I never want money, or making money to be the focus of my life or my time! I know that if I am doing the things that make me happy and help others, then I have succeeded. I may be in the world's definition poor, and simple, but that doesn't matter to me anymore! I don't let other people's opinions define what I do in life, but I do what I know is right and what makes me happy and helps make the lives of others more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment