I love doing new things, meeting new people, and experiencing the goodness of other cultures.
This weekend was filled with a lot of culture... a lot of the stuff I have done before, but to be honest, there is always new knowledge that comes with each experience!
It started Friday night... I was ready to go to the fair with a bunch of people from my old ward, but then they flaked out for that night, so, at that point I was glad that I had brought more people into the swing of things. Musta (Moose) and Andrea came with me. We found 5 dollar parking, which is a dollar cheaper than the actual fair grounds parking! Score! Then we went in to find the fried foods, games and rides. I refuse to go on the rides at the fair, because they are just built overnight basically and that doesn't sit very well with me. I mean, I am not completely terrified, but most definitely unsettled about the thought. At there fair were a lot of cowboys and cowgirls, rednecks, and then the average people such as us. Because Lauren had to work that night, Moose promised to win her a prize... he/we spent a lot of money on games that night to win something! Finally we won something! I bought a new bag that I love, tried fried oreos, snickers and PB&J. I would never eat all that stuff on my own, so I was glad there were three of us to try it, then be done! Musta loves ice cream, so that was a must. He got Three HUGE scoops! It was a giant ice cream! He got a lot of looks and comments as we walked thru the fair. We played the game "how many people do you know!" In other words, whoever knows the most people at the fair wins the game. Moose didn't see anyone that he knew, so he created a plan that if he got 10 comments about his ice cream, that would result in 1 point for him! basically we all tied by the end of the night. Moose actually had to work for his 1 point though! Oh, that night was Moose's birthday too! I gave him the Aladdin soundtrack, purple fake Rayban glasses that he totally rocks, and a penguin! Lauren and I adopted a penguin for him! He was so excited! After the fair, Andrea went home, and Lauren met up with Moose and I! We went over to my place and just hung out and talked... Such a fun night! I am so grateful to have amazing friends in my life!
Saturday I worked Saturday Social where we went to the greek festival! I love greek food, culture, dancing and everything about it! It was a bonus that the county paid for entrance and so forth! Maddy and I both bought coin skirts to put over our pants... it was so fun to wear! We ended up getting a ticket for the way we parked the bus, but there was no other options, so there is nothing we could have done about it! Later that night, Andrea and I drove down to provo for a party in the canyon. It was a lot of fun, and it was fun for me to meet some of the people that Andrea grew up with in Ohio!
Sunday I went to stake conference which was wonderful! My favorite talk was by a high counselman about the priesthood. It was so great! I loved it! After Church, Lauren and I went to the Sandy City Hall Healing field to remember 9-11! it was so sobering! I can't believe it has been ten years since the attacks! It was powerful to see the flags for each person that died, and to read about some of their lives! After the Healing fields, we went to meet up with Maddy and Moose, and went to the hindu temple! It was another great cultural experience! We got Henna Tattoos, ate the food, heard the music, visited the temple room, and just all around had a good time!
I loved the busyness of the weekend, but was mostly just enjoyed the different things that I was able to experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment